Gmail email is a widely used platform to exchange business or personal emails. However, due to security reasons, many users look forward to exporting Gmail to Word documents. It helps to maintain a safe copy of important Gmail data.
In this article, we will share a manual way to convert Gmail email to Word. Thereafter, we will learn to execute this conversion with the help of a professional Gmail Backup Tool for Mac. Before going ahead, let us explore the reasons that lead to this conversion process.
Reasons to Export Gmail to Word File
There are various reasons to export Gmail emails to MS Word, among which the following are the most common ones.
- To keep the data safe from any unwanted access.
- You can access the information anytime and easily without any difficulty.
- The data becomes easily sharable with anyone.
- It will prevent data breaching and data loss.
Now, let us move forward to the solution part, and see what are the possible ways to convert Gmail email to Word.
How Do I Convert an Email to a Word Document?
There are two ways to export Gmail to Word, manual and professional. We will start with the manual solution first, thereafter we will move to the professional solution. Keep calm and go through both solutions to decide the best for yourself.
Manual Solution to Save Gmail Messages in Word File
We will perform this method in two major parts. Firstly, we will add the Gmail account to the Thunderbird account. After that, we will extract those Gmail emails in DOC format.
Part 1: Add the Gmail Account to Thunderbird Using IMAP
- Install and Open the Thunderbird application on your mac PC and tap the Mail setup option.
- Enter the required credentials and press Continue to proceed further.
- Add the IMAP Setting, hit on the Radio option, and thereafter go for the manual configuration.
- Equate the default entries that are available in the Gmail IMAP setting in the Thunderbird account.
- Double-tap set everything successfully and tap the Re-test button.
- Now, click Create Account to add the Gmail account in Thunderbird.
Part 2: Export Gmail Emails to MS Word
- Go to the Inbox folder of Gmail emails and right-click on it.
- Tap the ImportExportTools NG option and click the Export All Messages in the Folder option.
- Opt for Plain Text Format from the drop-down list.
- Hit on Ok on all the pop-ups displayed on the screen.
- Provide the custom destination to the resulting folder.
- Finally, click Open to export Gmail to Word document.
Note: To save this data with attachments, pick the Plain Text Format(with attachments) option.
The following are the main drawbacks of the above manual solution.
Limitations of the Manual Solution
- It is a prerequisite to have Thunderbird installed on your system.
- The process is quite lengthy and monotonous to perform.
- You cannot choose to save the Gmail data without attachments.
- The solution is way too tricky for novice users.
- It is difficult to eliminate duplicate mail items from the conversion.
To eradicate these limitations, implement the given professional solution.
Professional Solution to Export Gmail Emails to MS Word
MacSonik Gmail Backup Tool is a top-notch solution to export Gmail to Word, PST, PDF, and 8+ other formats. It performs this conversion process in just a few steps, without any hurdle. Additionally, the tool has a user-friendly interface that assists the users in the easy accomplishment of this process. To start using it, follow the given step-by-step guide.
Steps to Convert Gmail Email to Word
- Install and Open the MacSonik Gmail backup Tool and Sign In with the required credentials.
- Pick the Gmail option and click the Next button.
- In the new window, tick the files/folders you want to convert to Word.
- Hit the Next button and choose DOC as the saving format.
- Apply the desired features of this software.
- Click Convert to start the conversion process.
By following the above steps, you can save Gmail messages in Google Docs or MS Word files on your Mac OS. Using this Mac Gmail backup tool, users can also migrate Gmail to AWS WorkMail, Office 365, Yahoo, HotMail, AOL, IMAP, iCloud, and many more.
In conclusion, we have talked about manual and professional solutions to export Gmail to Word documents. The manual solution is way too lengthy and complicated. On the other hand, the professional solution accomplishes the conversion process within just a few steps. It provides 100% risk-free and effective conversion results.
Ankit Roy is a professional Technical Content Developer and Search Engine Specialist.